Death Of The Innocent
It is not my hobby to be absolutely psychedelic at times, rather, it is
more of a compulsion. Ever since I was a seven year old kid who saved an old man
from being hit and absolutely overridden by a truck- I considered myself to be
an unsung superhero underneath a more than vibrant camouflage of flesh and
bones- patiently waiting for the time when I could walk out and douche the
bohemian cannibalism existing in human beings that devour at the heart of the
society. Whether it was due to the thrill of having saved a life or that
dizzier aftermath that inoculated within my head (resulting out of the impact
that it incepted, when it hid the ground during the course of action), I don't
know- yet, i cherished myself wearing that red curtain, poising as superman who
kicked at those four legged-furniture beasts in my house; then would
momentarily pause for breath before letting out a vociferous roar (more like a
pitchy shriek), yelling- "Yield Villain!"
But now that I sit and type, I notice that my limbs have grown fleshier and
stronger ever since; but that solidarity to rescue the world from the direst of
evils has long forgone. Neither are those villains the same- the wooden
monsters have aged and withered... or succumbed to termites; and in their place
have come indestructible plastic monsters- but my war is not with them any more.
And suddenly I halt! and I wonder who my enemy is... I have long lost that
ability to stand for truth, and now this void somewhere near the diaphragm has
given way to deep resentment. Perhaps this is that attitude that makes a man a
'hero' and daunts 'fear' itself from intruding our purpose when we are
righteous(or at the least believe ourselves to be so).
On a personal note- I would preferably be that 7-year old curtain clad,
minute-limbed superhero than such a grown up mendacious nincompoop, frightened
to the very groins; but I decide to save that for another day.
Now, I don't care a toss to what goes "around" as long as it does
not concern my well being. The newspaper harks of genocides, murders,
extortions and a plethora of such incumbent heinousness; and all that I oblige
myself to do is turn over to the last page expecting spicier news about
transfer speculations in football games. Indifferent are we... and we can't
deny this indifference that stains each and every one of ours' nature.
Perhaps that's the way it will always be; or maybe there will be an anticlimax
to it one day- honesty; at this point- I don't know. But for the time-being, I pay my
respects to that hero; that innocence that died in me.

Comments
Post a Comment